Friday, November 17, 2006

Jordan

I was talking to a Swiss manager at work… I asked him about his impression of Jordan… his answer kind of confused me… he said:

“I really like Jordan… I actually didn’t have any cultural shock as I expected before coming… it is so much like Switzerland!”

Should I be happy that Jordan is developing and becoming more like European countries?? Or sad, cause people are losing their original oriental traditions and are moving towards western culture ???


I really don’t know

3 comments:

SUS said...

Abu Shakuush & May: First of all thank u :) Well im sure 100% Switzerland is not like Jordan... but i guess the best thing is what May said... la happy wala sad... nrayye7 rasna ;)

Malak said...

Sus men 2eimta ana aw enti benraye7 7alna!! we should i always think of all the world's problems :)..1st i should say sus that i am really impressed...i like your writing and everything..
2nd ...Jordan now is developing and growing..it's true that in some areas traditions and original culture is lost..but compare it to other parts of the world ..!!they are suffering lost culture and identity in addition to lack of development ...Happy or sad!? Still Sad coz i think that still jordanian people lack awareness..true development needs aware minds to deal with it...

SUS said...

Malak... what you wrote it so true... we (most of the jordanians) do lack awareness... bs 7abibty kaman have a look at layalina... ull just feel very sorry for whats going on around u in jordan... and im not sure whether to call this development or not!!!